Cryogenic Bayonet for Vacuum Insulated Piping Systems
Cryocomp bayonet assemblies offer low heat leak and quick solution field installation. Our B3000 Cryogenic Bayonet series is a high-efficiency tube & pipe connection for vacuum-jacketed transfer lines and vacuum insulated piping systems. The assemblies range from 1/2" tube to 1" pipe with a 150 PSI MAWP. The design utilizes an extremely close tolerance fit between the male and female components establishing a gas pocket (vapor lock) between the components to form a seal, which is at process stream temperature at one end and ambient at the other. The very small gas pocket and thin stainless elements contribute
to the high-efficiency of the design. The close tolerance design eliminates the necessity of a nose seal. Other advantages are frost-free transfers, minimization of heat leak and easy disassembly. The pipe product line connects with a clamping system for continuous leak-free operation. Bayonet assemblies offer savings in terms of decreasing field assembly time and lower installation costs coinciding with low heat leak.
The B3000 bayonet series will operate efficiently in the vertical position (male on top) or horizontal position and is recommended for atmospheric gases. Specify Cryocomp B3000 bayonets on your next vacuum insulated piping job.
For each size bayonet there is a male and a female piece. For each male/female bayonet there is required a V band and an O-ring. To order the complete set (male, female, V-band and O-Ring, use "SB" after the dash, for example: B3049-SB.
1/2" IPS MALE BAYONET ASSEMBLY
3/4" IPS MALE BAYONET ASSEMBLY
1" IPS MALE BAYONET ASSEMBLY
1/2" IPS FEMALE BAYONET ASSEMBLY
3/4" IPS FEMALE BAYONET ASSEMBLY
1" IPS FEMALE BAYONET ASSEMBLY
- Highly Efficient and Reliable Close Tolerance Design for Vertical or Horizontal Applications.
- Designed For Fast and Convenient Installation For Piping Fabricators.
- No Clamshell Required.
- MAWP: 300 PSIG.
Proof: 450 PSIG.
- All Internal Components Leak Tested to 1x10-9 SCC GHe/SEC.
- Convenient V-band Closure.
- Bolted Flange Optional.
- Vacuum Insulated Flex Lines
- Cold Box Interface Connections
- Tank and Truck Fill Connections
- Typically used with liquid nitrogen, liquid hydrogen, liquid helium and may be used with liquid oxygen with proper cleaning
- Size: 1/2", 3/4" & 1"
- Thermal Length: 9", 12"
- 9" Long Series LN2 Heat Leak: 8.4 BTU/HR
- 12" Long Series
- 1/2" & 3/4" Pipe Version: 11.2 BTU/HR @78K
- 1" Pipe Version: 18.1 BTU/HR @78K
- Cooldown Mass: 0.8 LBS.
To specify the bayonet you’d like to order, select the features you require and build the part number using the option codes provided. See examples below. Call 1.276.728.2064 for more information or assistance designing your bayonet.